If You See Something... Episode OO1

Here in the NYC there are lots of little campaigns to convince us to do shit we wouldn't always be game to do.  They usually involve kitchy slogans or novelty items.  Like, oh hey, safe sex is awesome take these free condoms!  And... well wait, I can't think of any other examples before getting into what this post is about so fuck it, I'm going in.

In terms of terrorists and subsequently terrorist attacks, the gov likes to tell us to be alert! I mean don't freak out but, be alert!  And they do so by using the slogan "If see something, say something".  As in, if you see something suspicious, like an unattended package, you better tell someone before Time Square gets blown the fuck up.

My friends and I like to think that slogan applies to life in general.  For example if you see a homeless guy rolling down Broadway in an office chair (last week), or homeless couple with enough recyclables to fill up an entire car on the 3 train (last weekend), or anything else that kinda sad yet kinda awesomely funny.  You should let someone know.  'Cause sharing is caring, folks. 

So when I was on the Yahoo homepage this morning and saw this, I knew I had to start a series:


O__O

Clearly someone doesn't use Adsense. 

Wth, Yahoo?  Here I am washing down some low fat granola with some no taste water researching ways to catch a case of the skinnies when you lure me in with magic sparkle promises of how to not eat an entire box of Nutter Butters in one sitting even though I totally didn't eat anything else that day and it's kind of justified but yeah, not really, and then you distract me with a GIANT AD FOR RED VELVET CUPCAKES?!

I trusted you, Yahoo.  More importantly, I stood by you.  I still have a Yahoo account even though you constantly allow Nigerian ambassadors to solicit me for funds and enter me into UK lotteries without my knowledge.  It's going to take a whole lot of free shit time for you to be on my good side again.  Hmph.


Gmail for life,

Tee



PS: If you see something weird/crazy/hilarious please send it in!  Hit up luxelittlethings (at) gmail (dot) com.

3 Response to "If You See Something... Episode OO1"

  1. Anonymous says:

    Ha. Ad fail.

    Allegra says:

    wow! thanks a lot for the advice! I'll def check those "hotspots" out!!

    Anna says:

    "Like, oh hey, safe sex is awesome take these free condoms!"
    " For example if you see a homeless guy rolling down Broadway in an office chair (last week), or homeless couple with enough recyclables to fill up an entire car on the 3 train (last weekend),"

    Um, so I've lived in NYC for less than 2 months and I've seen all of these things, multiple times.

Post a Comment

powered by Blogger | WordPress by Newwpthemes | Converted by BloggerTheme